Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Ebay Fraud.

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2004, 12:02 AM
rdraper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Fraud.

Some little Bas*** has hacked my ebay account changed my email address passowrd etc and listed items on it!!

I have emailed ebay but there not the quickest to respond anybody got and past experiences of this ?

Any help would be grateful
Old 16 September 2004, 12:17 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rdraper
Some little Bas*** has hacked my ebay account changed my email address passowrd etc and listed items on it!!

I have emailed ebay but there not the quickest to respond anybody got and past experiences of this ?

Any help would be grateful
Must admit I've never heard of this one before. Basically you will not be able to do anything to your account buying or selling.
How the hell could he have done this though. Check the following

Search Help
tips

Look under Safe Trading - Account theft

Account Theft

Account theft (or hijacking) occurs when a person attempts to take control of an eBay member's User ID.

There are simple ways to tell if you might be the victim of such an attack, such as unauthorised email and password changes, or bids and listings placed under your User ID without your knowledge. The best way to deal with account theft is simply to change your password and password hints immediately.

How to protect your account:

Never reveal your User ID and password in an email. eBay will never ask for sensitive information of this nature via email.
Keep your password in a safe place
Never give your password to another person
Change your password every 30-60 days
Choose a password that uses a random combination of both numerals and letters
Use different passwords for the various online accounts you use (email, Billpoint, PayPal, etc).
Keep your virus alert software up-to-date, and check your system often for problems.
Use a firewall if you have a high-speed internet connection.
Avoid easy-to-guess password hint questions.
Please view our User Account Protection page for additional information on password security.
What you should do if:

Someone has changed or attempted to change the email address on your account without your authorisation.
Your password and/or password hint was changed without your authorisation.
There are items listed on your account that you did not post.
There are bids made from your account that you did not place.
Someone requested a Forgot Your Password email for your account.

Someone has changed or attempted to change the email address on your account without your authorisation.

If you received a confirmation that your email address has been changed, first check with all family members or business associates authorised to use your account.

If you feel the change was indeed unauthorised, please try to sign in to your account, and change your email address.

If you are not able to make the change, please contact eBay's Trust and Safety Department.

Your password and/or password hint was changed without your authorisation.

If you received a confirmation that your password or password hint question has been changed, first check with all family members or business associates authorised to use your account.

If your password has been changed, please proceed to your password hint question. If you are able to access your password hint question, change your password immediately.

If your password hint question has been changed and you are also not able to access your password, please contact eBay's Customer Support Department.

Good luck m8
Alas
Old 16 September 2004, 10:15 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

What is your seller ID ? I might bid on something and arrange to pick it up along with you and a couple of baseball bats