Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Epson R300 compatibles, CRAP

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2004, 05:47 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Epson R300 compatibles, CRAP

Hi All,

Just thought I'd try compatible ink cartridges for my Epson R300 and for everyone thinking of doing so , DON'T BOTHER. I bought mine from a good company where I had got other cartridges from for my old 860, no prob's with them.

The problem with the R300 cartridges seems to be that when i've printed a high quality image on Epson primium quality glossy paper, the image appears faded and lacking the quality of colour I was getting with the genuine Epson cartridges. I've not changed any settings on the printer or in the software.Nozzles have been checked for blockages and the carts are in the correct slots.

I've now ordered 6 Epson cartridges to replace the compatibles, the Epson one's cost TWICE the cost of 12 of the compatibles, but I can now see why.

You have been warned, Epson's cartridges for me from now on at the extra cost of course

Lea
Old 12 September 2004, 06:00 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

That's a bit worrying, I have the R200 which is essentially the same printer, but without the media readeers and display if I remember correctly.

Seen the compat's on ebay very cheap.. I did see an Epson feed system on ebay, that you could then get actual epson bottles of ink, and it feeds through pipes to the cart / nozzle type things, wasn’t cheap nearly as much as the printer. But that is why inkjets are so cheap to buy, they make up their money on the ink. If you like they're subsidising the price to get grow the market, and then getting their money back with the consumables. Bit like mobile phone operators I suppose..

Mines out of ink now for first time, full Epson set of ink cart’s ain’t cheap
Old 12 September 2004, 06:27 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

Go for the Epson carts mate, if you print a lot of high quality images as I do and depend upon the print quality then don't be fooled by the speel about 'compats are as good as genuine' there just not, simple fact!!!

Try E-Buyer there fairly good on the price of genuine carts!!!

Don't mind the extra cost if the results are worth it, with my old 860 you couldn't tell the difference between genuine and compats, the R300 you can tell, by a mile.

Last edited by BigRed; 12 September 2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12 September 2004, 08:11 PM
Yuck Fou Motorsport
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sell R200/R300 Compatibles at £25 for a full set delivered.

I use them myself with no problems and so do all of my customers :-)

And the carts I sell are only avalible from me, no body else has these, top quality... ;-)

Last edited by Yuck Fou Motorsport; 15 September 2004 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12 September 2004, 10:47 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Do you have a web site for these cartridges Yuck Fou Motorsport as i have a R300 and use a lot of ink and maybe discount lol

Pongo555
Old 13 September 2004, 07:26 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

I have been through 4 suppliers of ink and have been disappointed in our test results of each, both in quality and longevity.

Now on our 5th supplier, we are hugely impressed with the print results and the carts definately contain 18ml of ink each so it's unfair to say all compatibles are poor quality.

Agreed, some compatibles are pretty crap, i've got to try to rebuild a reputation after purveying what transpired to be one of the worst compatibles available (a refund is not always enough for a dis-satisfied customer)

But...compare the genuine Epson ink at £60+ per set and compare it to £9.99 per set and i know what i'd be buying.

Paul
Old 13 September 2004, 07:46 PM
BigRed
Scooby Regular

ScoobyDoobyBlue, where do you get these cartridges from for £9.99 a set, are they REALLY good for top quality photo print out(this is what I depend on), is there any quality drop???

PS I'm getting a full refund for the dodgy cartridges I got, same as you say ScoobyDoobyBlue, that is not enough as I will avoid buying anymore from this supplier for the R300, there loss not mine!!!

Lea