Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Non payment of ebay account - what next?

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2004, 07:13 PM
Jamesemt
Scooby Regular

Location: Ibiza TDI - Causing a smokescreen on a back road near you
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non payment of ebay account - what next?

I had a few issues with ebay regarding money I owed them - I sold a few items which were never paid for. Ebay refused to resolve this and the account has dragged on and on with a balance of £85 owing. I thought I would let the account be closed by them and that would be the last of it.

I've just received an email stating that if I don't pay the balance in full within 15 days, then they will pass it to an outside collections agency. Can they do that? Anyone else been in a similiar position with ebay? I'm guessing that if it goes to a third party then it will effect my credit rating...
Old 31 August 2004, 09:00 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was in this position

basicaly i set up a acount where they take money from my bank every month, only they stopped taking money

and the debt grew and i had no idea of it

next thing i know i get a email that im suspended and i owe them £55
i emailed them how come and got sum pre automated reply (ebay is really ****en gay)

i paid there and then with paypal and the acount was reinstated within 5 mins, only my ebay shop was gone

not botherd with the shop scince, im selling the same amount of stuff without the shops help and saving myself £6/month

after i paid the bill i complained again about them not taking my monthly debits as they did infact have my current card on there files

got no reply but a few days later they took £25 from me which meant my ebay acount was then in credit (are they for real!!)

couldnt be botherd with complaining again, and just uised the credit to fund my auctions (would have spent the money on auction listings anyway but its not really the point)

who ever owns ebay couldnt really give a **** and must be pretty loaded by now