Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Can I buy a fax that...

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2004, 10:25 AM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I buy a fax that...

Saves the pages electronically rather than printing them so the PC can download them when required. What we're doing just now is that we're receiving faxes from a number of sources and would like to forward some of them via email. I know there are places that can convert faxes and forward to email but wondered if I can get a fax machine that can do this. Don't want to leave the PC switched on 24hrs/day connected to the faxline unless I really need to.

Thanks
Old 24 August 2004, 10:32 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

US robotics (3 com) used to do a fax modem that could do that...also had a built in call routing system...just like the big gas/electric/phones/banks etc - handy if you don't fancy taking calls and just want to route callers in a big circle (hardly productive though).

It could store a fair number of faxes whilst the PC was offline - not sure if they still sell it though.

Alternative is a Multifunction machine (all in one printer-fax-copier) Some do have the facility to store faxes as opposed to printing. But many don't actually say this in the specs I'm afraid. i know our HP PSC950 won't do it....unless you take out the paper

edit: yes they do still make it ....http://www.usr-emea.com/products/p-d...92-ex&loc=unkg

Last edited by ALi-B; 24 August 2004 at 10:36 AM.
Old 24 August 2004, 07:12 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Thanks Ali,

Like the call routing option Will look into this modem.
Old 25 August 2004, 12:54 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

kevin, you can get faxes sent straight to email. free of charge, and with your unique phone number. alkl that happens is the sender pays a slightly highter cost to fax you (only slightly higher) to cover this service.
i will be using it myself soon.

do a search in the uk on google for , say "free fax to email"

if i find something, i'll let you know.

BB