Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Any CISSPs or anyone studying for CISSP?

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2004, 08:31 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Any CISSPs or anyone studying for CISSP?

Just looking for some recommendations for courses really. I've got the books, but it looks like I might be able to get the OK to attend one the many CISSP prep courses that are available. Any recommendations for good training companies / courses?

Chris
Old 16 August 2004, 10:16 AM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris L
Just looking for some recommendations for courses really. I've got the books, but it looks like I might be able to get the OK to attend one the many CISSP prep courses that are available. Any recommendations for good training companies / courses?
Chris
Hey Chris,

I did a CCNA with GlobalNet last year, I thought they were quite good, Terry Jack was our trainer and I'd recommend him. They're based in Stortford which is convenient too

Steve.

Last edited by stevencotton; 16 August 2004 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 16 August 2004, 10:25 AM
oztokyo
Scooby Regular

Default Study

At present I'm about halfway through an online study guide available through my employer. Since I'm only getting in about an hour every other day it's taking ages and I'm sure I'll need to revise it all again once complete.
What would be good is to go do a course right after to make sure it all sinks in. Nothing is difficult but it's really just retention of a multitude of small details.

Chris, did you find any courses?
Old 16 August 2004, 10:44 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Thanks Steve

oz - there are quite a few around - I was just looking for anyone who has direct experience of trying some of the CISSP courses. In terms of passing the exam, I'm told that you need to know at least 3 of the 10 topics REALLY well, with good knowledge of at least another 3. Fair knowledge of the other 4 should be sufficient.

Here are a couple that I know about:

IT Security Training
Net Security Training

Chris