Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ATI All In Wonder OR dedicated TV card?

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2004, 01:07 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ATI All In Wonder OR dedicated TV card?

What's better...an All In Wonder graphics card or a dedicated TV PCI card?

I want to be able to pause live TV, have an EPG (electronic program guide), record to DVD/CD and output a picture to a TV.

I've read a lot of comments about PC TV products which have problems and I also need to take cost into account.
Old 31 July 2004, 09:05 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seperate TV card is best, you can upgrade you graphics card as often as you like then.

If you can receive Freeview where you are, then you want one of these: Nebula DigiTV

Had mine for a year or so, just put one in my missus PC. Great stuff. Can download EPGs, record, burn to DVD etc. Slick interface, comes with a remote control and also has the best technical support on the planet by all accounts (not needed them myself). Also does analog capture from external source if needed.

The card can also multicast the digital picture/sound stream over a network. So fit to one machine and everyone on the network can watch TV (after you install the software on each machine).

Cheers

Ian