Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

embedded url links in outlook 2003

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2004, 09:37 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default embedded url links in outlook 2003

since installing office 2003 on my computer the url links within mail message no longer work. i am given an error message saying "this operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. please see your system administrator" i have tried lowering security levels but to no avail. anyone know how i can get embedded lins to work again.

cheers

big sinky
Old 24 July 2004, 10:05 AM
Jim_B
Scooby Regular

You can add a key to the registry to get outlook to allow through individual file types based on the extension. If memory serves the key is called Security and located under the Office / Outlook hive. You add a semi-colon seperated list of the extensions you want to allow through.
N.B. Always beware editing the registry if you are not confident with such things !
Do a search on google or MSN it will tell you the full registry path to add.
I wrote a windows utility to allow this to be changed easily. Unfortunately dont have it on this machine or I would send it to you !
Old 28 July 2004, 12:56 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jim_B
You can add a key to the registry to get outlook to allow through individual file types based on the extension. If memory serves the key is called Security and located under the Office / Outlook hive. You add a semi-colon seperated list of the extensions you want to allow through.
N.B. Always beware editing the registry if you are not confident with such things !
Do a search on google or MSN it will tell you the full registry path to add.
I wrote a windows utility to allow this to be changed easily. Unfortunately dont have it on this machine or I would send it to you !

anyone else shed any light on this. it is doing my nut in. i can't click on links from within my emails. i have to cut and paste the links from outlook to IE to view the webpages.

cheers

big sinky
Old 28 July 2004, 01:05 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

ok ppls no worries. got it sorted with microshaft knowledge base. happy camper now.

a case of RTFM

cheers

sinky