Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

DVD Authoring Question

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2004, 12:33 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD Authoring Question

I have created some mpeg files from my tv capture card, edited them in ulead movie factory and converted them to a "standard" DVD format with the VOB files etc in a VIDEO_TS folder.

Now normally I would just burn this to a disc as a data disc in Prassi PrimoDVD and it would act as a normal DVD when played on a player but my query is can I put 2 seperate VIDEO_TS folders on a disc somehow so that I can have 2 individual recordings on a single disc?

I hope that made some sense

Cheers

David
Old 18 July 2004, 01:17 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

some how i cant see that working
Old 18 July 2004, 01:36 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djuk
I have created some mpeg files from my tv capture card, edited them in ulead movie factory and converted them to a "standard" DVD format with the VOB files etc in a VIDEO_TS folder.

Now normally I would just burn this to a disc as a data disc in Prassi PrimoDVD and it would act as a normal DVD when played on a player but my query is can I put 2 seperate VIDEO_TS folders on a disc somehow so that I can have 2 individual recordings on a single disc?

I hope that made some sense

Cheers

David
I doubt that is possible, why would you want to do it anyway ?
Old 18 July 2004, 01:49 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
I doubt that is possible, why would you want to do it anyway ?
Ive recorded several episodes of a series from sky and wanted to keep them all on disc together as they are only 1.4gb per episode so in theory theres room for 3 episodes per disc.

I would have done them all as one project in ulead movie factory but due to the fact that I have split individual episodes to get rid of the adverts it treats each half of the program as a seperate recording and I cant seem to find how to combine them.

David
Old 18 July 2004, 02:02 PM
molko
Scooby Regular

Ive recorded several episodes of a series from sky and wanted to keep them all on disc together as they are only 1.4gb per episode so in theory theres room for 3 episodes per disc.

I would have done them all as one project in ulead movie factory but due to the fact that I have split individual episodes to get rid of the adverts it treats each half of the program as a seperate recording and I cant seem to find how to combine them.

David
Ahh i see what you mean. Now i have never used Ulead Movie Factory, so i dont really no what it can or cant do. I use DVDLab, which can join vobs together etc...Have you tried using this ?..its really simple to use, even i can manage it? Infact i joined 39 episodes of the Mysterious Cities of Gold together for one of my mates...

I think you can get a 30 day trial download
Old 18 July 2004, 02:08 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by molko
Ahh i see what you mean. Now i have never used Ulead Movie Factory, so i dont really no what it can or cant do. I use DVDLab, which can join vobs together etc...Have you tried using this ?..its really simple to use, even i can manage it? Infact i joined 39 episodes of the Mysterious Cities of Gold together for one of my mates...

I think you can get a 30 day trial download
Thanks molko will have a look
Old 18 July 2004, 02:13 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Is there anything stopping you from using more than 1 mpg in your initial DVD creation?

At work I use Pinnacle Impression to import mpeg2 and then add chapters, titles and menu's. You can have any number of individual clips on one disc dependant on space of course.

Trending Topics

Old 18 July 2004, 02:23 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Welloilbeefhooked
Is there anything stopping you from using more than 1 mpg in your initial DVD creation?

At work I use Pinnacle Impression to import mpeg2 and then add chapters, titles and menu's. You can have any number of individual clips on one disc dependant on space of course.
I don't think there are limits apart from space to be honest - for each episode I have an mpeg2 file captured from the tv capture card. Now I can't find any way in ulead movie factory to just hack bits from the middle so I have split the clip into two pieces and wrapped the start/end points to edit out the advert breaks but the end result is that I end up with 2 seperate clips and no apparent way to join them.

One plan might be to create the vob files from the project for each episode individually and use the DVDLAB software mentioned above to join the VOBS into one big file.

Cheers

David
Old 18 July 2004, 04:04 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Rather than splicing vobs or trying to put multiple VIDEO-TS folders on a disk, Movie Factory is more than capable of converting all your mpegs into one vob output as a single project.
Use the menu/chapter creation as a means of separating the episodes.
If it was say, an entire series you wanted to convert, you could put them all into a single project. If the output VIDEO_TS folder is too big to burn onto a disk, dvd2one it to shrink it down.

Alternatively, if you did want to create a 'proper' multi-video_ts disk, iirc a program called Spruce is what you're after.

Paul
Old 18 July 2004, 04:22 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

All sorted guys Turns out movie factory wasnt the issue it was the user Completely missed the extract video option so can do them all as one project
Old 18 July 2004, 08:27 PM
Scooby Dooby Blue
Scooby Regular

Turns out movie factory wasnt the issue it was the user
Quality!

MF3 is deceptive in that it's so user friendly but is a very powerful application.
Very easy to miss some of it's options.