Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PC problems with normal audio cd

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2004, 06:49 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC problems with normal audio cd

Hi all thought I would post here as there is always some intelligent person with the answer I'm looking for.

I bought a new cd yesterday, played it in my car on the way home from work no problem.

When I got home I took the cd in and played it via my pc, again it played the cd no problem.

This morning on my way to work, my stereo is now trying to read the cd as mp3 and is failing to play anything. The car stereo works fine, tried other normal cds and they played.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Before anyone asks, I did not try to copy the cd last night.......

Any way of fixing this? or should i generally not play cds on my pc through windows media player?
Old 10 July 2004, 08:42 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, the joys of copy-protected CDs unless I'm very much mistaken. Is your CD player on your stereo fairly new and plays all sorts of formats? Take the CD back to the store and complain it won't play on new stereos.

The more people complain about these various stupid anti-copy formats the better. They don't even stop copying anyway - Nero will do an exact replica for instance.

If your CD is NOT copy-protected then I'm talking rubbish (and not for the first time).

M
Old 10 July 2004, 08:54 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no your right M, it has 'copy control' plastered on the cd case, and yes my car stereo is reasonably new (1 year old).

thanks for the reply, guess ill take it back, swap it with another cd and not play that one on the pc....