Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Television problem?

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2004, 07:44 PM
fastfrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Television problem?

Hello All,

I've got a really annoying niggle on my TV and I wonder if you would be able to shed some light for me.

Whenever I have an auxiliary device plugged in, be it DVD/Xbox etc via S-Video or Scart connection, I regularly see the EXT messages appearing/disappearing in the top right hand corner of the screen corresponding to the port I have the device plugged into e.g. EXT1/EXT2/EXT3.

Its like its having trouble with the signals or something???

I've verified the cables are seated correctly so no problems there. Sound and picture quality are fine.

The problem has been in existence since I bought the TV a couple of years ago.

Its really frustrating whilst playing certain games because you can't see whats in the corner when the message comes up!

The TV is a Toshiba 28MW7DB (28" Widescreen 100Hz Dual Scan).

I've included a picture of what happens below.

Comments Appreciated.

Frank
Old 01 July 2004, 10:44 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know if this will help, but on my sony, if i press the "av" button (I assume the equivalent of your ext button) and keep it pressed for a second or 2, then it switches the the channel number to being shown/not shown. maybe you could try doing this, and then knocking it back off and see if it reappears.

my personal opinion is that there could be a fault with the connections on the inside of the tv, but as you have no sound or picture interruption this may not be the case. As the TV has done this new, then it could be an inherant fault (or someone thought it was a bright idea to let you know what channel you were watching at regular intervals. Try looking on Toshiba's website to see if there are any issues relating to your TV - there may be a firmware upgrade to be had, but it won't be free if you've had the tv for more than a year.