Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Record from line-in on pc

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2004, 02:57 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Record from line-in on pc

My daughter has a cassette tape of dance songs, some of which are pretty obscure & we don't know the song name or artist. I want to get them onto an MP3 player for her dancing practise & have a tape deck with line out & also a Terratec sound card with a line in on my XP pc.

Using Sound recorder, I can record direct from the line-in & it works fine, however I can only record 60secs of music. I need to record several whole song. Can someone suggest how I can do this please?
Old 20 June 2004, 04:11 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
we don't know the song name or artist.
listen to the lyrics (if there are any!) and a line into google. chances are you will find the artist/track and then winmx/soulseek or whatever
Old 20 June 2004, 05:55 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Thanks for the reply. Believe me we've tried that - managed to find a couple like Jackson 5, Miami Sound Machine, SClub7 & a couple others, but we have half a tape that we can't figure out. Some sound to be in Spanish (latin american stuff) & there's a couple real old Frank Sinatra type things.Someone has suggested this: http://highcriteria.com/

Any other recommendations?
Old 20 June 2004, 09:06 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a phone No that you can put in a mobile phone that will then text you back the name of the song and the artist, if your songs aren't that obscure it might point you in the right direction. don't know the No, but seemed to work when I tried it, it knew "love rollercoaster" anyway
Old 20 June 2004, 09:51 PM
JayPSC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dial 2580 from ya phone
Old 20 June 2004, 11:10 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Thanks for the tips guys

I've figured it out! My Terratec sound card came with some software which I didn't install. One of the programs is called WaveLab & this lets me record to WAV format. Then I use Musicmatch to convert it to MP3 & job done!

In theory, it's possible to make Winamp do it, but it's VERY complicated & I just can't face more plugins after a bottle of wine! (hic)