Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

PC Audio switching between speakers/headphones

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2004, 09:52 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC Audio switching between speakers/headphones

I have a pc set up in the corner of the room which stores all my mp3s and acts as a jukebox. It currently has a set of creative speakers and a sub hooked up to it and works well for what it is.

However, sometimes I would like to use my wireless headphones rather than speakers but have to manually dig behind the computer and pull out the speaker connection and plug in the headphones.

Is there any sort of switching device which I can use to simply switch between the two devices?

Cheers

David
Old 26 May 2004, 08:48 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

i have a set of speakers and a headset with microphone, on the attachment for the mic, there is a switch that you can flick which will then pump the sound out of the speakers or headphones, im not 100% but would guess that you can rig this or even purchase something like this for the headphones you want to use.

this little blob of plastic sits on my desk near the keyboard, so there is no need to get around the back of the pc etc

Last edited by fitzscoob; 26 May 2004 at 08:49 AM. Reason: forgetting the whole point of the thread, duh!
Old 26 May 2004, 06:12 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
i have a set of speakers and a headset with microphone, on the attachment for the mic, there is a switch that you can flick which will then pump the sound out of the speakers or headphones, im not 100% but would guess that you can rig this or even purchase something like this for the headphones you want to use.

this little blob of plastic sits on my desk near the keyboard, so there is no need to get around the back of the pc etc
Cheers fitzscoob, any idea where I would buy such a gadget or even a pic of it so i know what im looking for?

ta

David
Old 31 May 2004, 02:28 PM
Ken Ross
Scooby Regular

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/mod...moduleno=29752