Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Sasser Virus

Search this Thread

Old 06 May 2004, 10:02 PM
fish101
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sasser Virus

My computer has got the sasser virus and now wont boot up. Not even into safe mode. Does anyone know how I can repair my windows without having to format or re-install anything? I am running Windows XP Pro.
Old 07 May 2004, 09:05 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Do you get any time at all at the windows desktop? You should have a few seconds at least. Let me know.
Old 07 May 2004, 06:38 PM
Yuck Fou Motorsport
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fish101
My computer has got the sasser virus and now wont boot up. Not even into safe mode. Does anyone know how I can repair my windows without having to format or re-install anything? I am running Windows XP Pro.
Did one today at work that was doing this, boot from your XP pro disk, choose to install windows, press F8 when prompted, press entre to install windows then choose to repair your current windows installation, DONT use the recovery console.

Once windows is running again, run the sasser virus removal programe followed by the windows patch.