Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

How do I get the original XP Icons back

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2004, 07:50 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get the original XP Icons back

Everything I install seems intent on taking control of my icons. Win amp and iTunes are fighting over the mp3 icons and Mozilla Firefox, Macromedia, and Corel and Mozilla Firebird seem intent on fighting each other for image icons.

Slightly sad but it is really annoying me that everytime I install a update it changes the icons. Anyway of getting all of the standard icons back easily in one hit? And hopefully permanently.
Old 29 April 2004, 07:59 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

when you install programs click advanced install instead of typical, then when it gets to the point of asking you what files to associate with the program just check or more to the point uncheck the ones you don't want.

As for chaning the file associations, I think you can do it very simply, try right clicking on the a file such as mp3 or mpeg, then select properties, and you should be able to choose which program to default open with. I am pretty sure once you do one, it changes them all.

If that doesn't work, try going to tweapxp.com that has loads of tips, and a very good forum.
Old 29 April 2004, 08:16 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Cheers