Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Outlook 2000 help

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2004, 01:51 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlook 2000 help

Hi,

I've recently moved to Outlook 2000 (on exchange server) and need some help getting it to look the way I want.

In any of the mailboxes, I can have either who the message was from or who it is to. That's fine for the Inbox and Sent boxes, but when I store all the messages for a subject in one mailbox that just has a From field all the ones I sent out have my name. That's no good if I want to search for messages that I've sent to a perticuar person. I know I can add a To field but that just clutters up the mailbox display. In Eudora there was a Who field. It would show who you sent it to OR who it was from depending on if it was a sent or received message. Can Outlook do the same? I've looked but can not find anything.

Cheers
Old 02 April 2004, 03:19 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Right click on the bar at the top of the page (date/subject/to) and select field chooser
Old 02 April 2004, 05:11 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

But there's no option for a Who type field... I've already looked at the field list. Maybe I can try and make a rule up for it. Does anyone know where to get "custom actions" from? Apparently these are third part add-ons...

How does everyone else mange it? Do you have sepeare folders for sent and received messages so you can see who they are to/from, or do you have both fileds lists in the mailboxes?
Old 03 April 2004, 10:34 AM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

if i have a rule that sends particular mail to a custom folder, be it from one person or team. When i reply i have the option set to keep sent items within in the same folder. why dont you just have the 'to' and 'from' fields and keep the width of them fairly small. ! how many emails do you deal with a day and have stored ?