Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

email virus' and the small business :(

Search this Thread

Old 30 March 2004, 08:49 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default email virus' and the small business :(

hello all,

I have 3 pcs working - connected to the internet all day long, unfortunately one pc seems to have email virus' netsky being emailed to it 20 times a day. We have a free virus scanner at the moment, but it doesnt seem to be stopping or removing the virus' any more.

Question 1. What antivirus software would be best suited, stopping virus emails and removing existing virus'?

Question 2. As I have 3 pcs will I have to buy 3 copies of the antivirus software or am I allowed to install it on all pcs from one copy?

The two I am looking at are......... Symantec norton antivirus and antispam 2004 @ £49.99

and

Mcafee Internet security 6

Anyone recomend either or point me in the direction of something better suited.

Thanks
Old 31 March 2004, 01:24 PM
Rathy
Scooby Newbie

fitzscoob,

To answer your questions:

1. Any of the major anti-virus vendors should be able to sell you software to stop e-mail based virii. I've hands on experience using Norton, McAfee and Sophos anti-virus software and these will all provide decent protection. Like any anti-virus software the most important issue is ensuring the software virus definitions are updated regularly (daily if possible, this can be configured in the software to be done automatically).

2. If you want to install the software onto 3 PCs then you'll need 3 licences of the software to be covered legally. Typically if you buy more than one license the vendor will give you a discount on the additional licenses. Shop around and get quotes. I've found Misco (www.misco.co.uk) or Dabs (www.dabs.com) to be competitive.

3. Either of those products seem fine. Again any major anti-virus vendor will be able to provide you with what you need.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Andrew.
Old 31 March 2004, 02:00 PM
Nicks VR4
Scooby Regular

Try this stand alone AV from McAfee to remove Netsky and other viruses

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/