Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Exchange e-mail addressing problem

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2004, 10:48 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Exchange e-mail addressing problem

Finally managing to battle my way around our Exchange 5.5 -> 2003. In hindsight, if I'd known Microsoft would want to make the upgrade as difficult and as frustrating as possible I might have seriously considered other e-mail solutions Anyway, enough of my moaning (for now )

OK, as part of the migration we were left with two seperate forest and domains, but a single Exchange org and two sites.

I've migrated all users into the single forest/domain model and removed one of the old Exchange sites (that was on the seperate domain). I then created a new site and migrate all mail from the defunct site to this. So, we now have a single forest, single domain, single Ex org, one original site and one new one (all happily working in AD).

Problem I have is that mail (prior to the upgrade) has e-mail addresses from the old Exchange site. For example, if I try to reply to an old message it doesn't recognise the address since it's referring to the old site name.

Is there any way of mapping the new site name to the old one? I thought through a custom address for the user, but that doesn't work.

It's not a big problem, since people can just forward old mail to intended recipients, but I just find it really annoying and frustrating.

Any ideas?

Stefan