Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

O2 XDAII/iPAQ 2210?

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2004, 05:51 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default O2 XDAII/iPAQ 2210?

Any one got one of these little gadgets?

I am looking at getting either an iPAQ 2210 or one of the above but can't decide which???

My boss just got an XDAII and must say it's a nice bit of kit with built in camera, video etc etc.

O2 currently doing a special offer on the XDAII for £199 inc VAT and the iPAQ is £250. Only thing that is putting me off the XDAII is that it's a phone as well so I would have to sign a contract for another mobile phone tariff but I already have an Orange tariff that I get 50mins a day on.

So anyone got some comments to help me out on any of the above?
Old 08 February 2004, 08:11 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I have an XDA2

Look at the "special offer" & check the monthly tariff. You would be able to change tariff to a lesser one after a couple of months.

I can't help on what you'd want to do re changing operators etc, but you can unlock the XDA2 now

Personally I like it, but I have very specific reasons for wanting one.
Old 08 February 2004, 10:26 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

If I didn't already have a mobile phone on a contract then I would get the XDAII.

I really need to keep the orange contract as I get 50mins a day, so can call the girl friend each day.

Think my boss said the cheapest tariff on O2 for that is £16 per month but don’t really want to pay another phone bill each month but I do prefer the XDAII over the iPAQ.

Ho hum………..decisions decisions.
Old 08 February 2004, 10:34 PM
BoxerFlat4
Scooby Regular

Smile Link?

stiscooby -

Got a link for that special offer on the XDA 2 ? Can't fine anywhere on the O2 site the offer....
Old 09 February 2004, 06:33 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Boxerflat4 -

They don't have the special offer on their web site as I said exactly the same thing to my boss after he got his!

You have to go in store to get it for £199 inc VAT or phone your local store etc. Normally things are cheaper via the net than in store but not this time

They are a great little gadget but i'm swaying towards the iPAQ as I don't really want another phone contract.

Good luck!!

Last edited by stiscooby; 09 February 2004 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11 February 2004, 01:57 PM
towzer
Scooby Regular

I've seen a number of my customers trying the XDA and the build quality seems to detiorate after a few months of daily use . Wife's got a ipaq 2210 which she loves.

Phil
Old 11 February 2004, 06:46 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Phil

I think its like anything m8. I've had my XDA2 since end of October & not a problem. Likewise, had an XDA1 with about 9 months daily use (a lot as a test mule) and again, not a problem.

Although against that, I have issued XDAs to people & have them come back a few days later shagged - but that *could* be user related.

Edit

Not saying they're by any means indestructable either!

Does the 2210 come with that nice protective plastic sleeve? My 3970 was as new after quite a while because it wore it 24/7 whereas (as standard) the XDA has a leatherette sleeve that is not as good & often needs removing to do some functions (syncing and things like car kits). That wouldn't help.

Last edited by Puff The Magic Wagon!; 11 February 2004 at 06:50 PM.