Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

xbox dvd drive problems

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2004, 08:31 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry xbox dvd drive problems

if you are having problems with your dvd drive eg: dirty disc error and it not reading game discs please email me at andi980@hotmail.com or goto www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog as im trying to address this problem and get xbox(ms) to sort out there mistake and not having us to have to pay for new drives. the drives usaly start having problems or you realise whats the matter with it cause it will get worse just after your 12 month warranty runs out.
Old 07 February 2004, 10:53 PM
Wizzbang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI

MS are giving free repairs to consoles out of warranty quite a bit these days, I think they know there is/was a problem with the lasers and unlike some companies, are actually acting to keep good customer relations.

BUT .. from my experience, a lot of these dirty disc errors are actually caused by an excessive build up of dust and muck that gets inside the console and literally coats the inside of the drive.

Just my tupence for what its worth.

WizzBang