Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

searchxl.com bunch of spammy barstewards...

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2004, 02:03 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This is prolly gonna get deleted but I'm gonna go off on one anyways.
Searchxl.xom I hate you. Since doing some digging around on the web a few weeks back I have had the misfortune of having two of your "best of the web" (now there is a contradiction in terms) screens permanantly set up on my PC. Now whenever I connect to the web I have to put up with these two crocks of sh1te popping up on my screen, it would be ok if I could delete them but I cant every time I try something ANOTHER screen pops up and tells me "Page is loading, please wait!" It then takes an age to load and only then can I delete it. If I do ctrl alt delete and end the task you smite me once more for good measure buy closing my internet browser screen as well. I have the pleasure of doing this every time I connect to the internet.
I dont know how to get rid of them. I've cleared cookies, deleted my history but I still cant get rid of them. There appears to be no way to contact you to as there is a lack of contact details on your site. so I'm gonna go off on one here.
I hate you more than words can articulate. The only thing you have succeded in doing is pissing me off every time one of your poxy screens pops up. I would rather remove my ***** with a rusty breadknife than use any of the services you promote. I hope you contract skin diseases. Nasty ones. my dying wish is that your close relatives are maimed in freak industrial accidents. Die. Painfully and slowly. On your own.
I hate you. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
astraboy.
Old 03 January 2004, 02:04 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

Ad-Aware and SpyBot should sort out your problem.

Steve.
Old 03 January 2004, 02:06 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

I feel better now.
Happy, happy, happy.
astraboy.
Old 03 January 2004, 02:07 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Spybot's great for getting rid of this type of ****.

When I 1st used it it found 1300+ pieces of **** secretly installed in my system.

That's kazaa for you........
Old 03 January 2004, 02:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
Talking

Clicky's for you...

SPYBOT S&D

and

Adaware 6

You need both as one gets some stuff and the other gets other stuff.
Old 03 January 2004, 02:32 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Wink

astraboy,

That is some amount of venom in that post - I thought only I could work up such feelings of hated towards people I unfortunately can't get my hands on - I feel better knowing I am not alone - thanks

tiggers.
Old 03 January 2004, 03:54 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Tigga, I know, it is comforting to know random hatred is not just a personal quirk.
On a more useful note, I have downloaded Spybot, found loads of spyware, deleted it and restarted the system. As of up to now, no popups, and no unclosable crap from the to$$ers at searchxl.com!
Cheers!
astraboy.

Trending Topics

Old 04 January 2004, 12:58 PM
kevin stanton
Scooby Regular

i downloaded them both on my work laptop last night and found about 50 files, just got to do the same for my main pc now. The only problem is that at home i'm on normal dial up so its a pain in the @rse.
Old 04 January 2004, 03:52 PM
JohnnyRob
Scooby Regular

Pmsl Astraboy!

I bet Spybot found a load of crap on your PC!

Cheers
JR
Old 04 January 2004, 06:17 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Astraboy

I felt exactly the same as you when I had the misfortune to deal with Tiscali. My hatred for them was at least equal to your intensity
Old 04 January 2004, 08:19 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Try cancelling a subscription to BTOpenworld. That's fun, too