Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Creative 5.1 speakers anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2003, 12:58 AM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Note to Mods: I know there is a sale forum, but didn't think people would be particularly looking for this in there, although by all means move it there if you're not happy with it in here.

Fabby system, but seems I cannot actually set it up in the 5.1 config in present home, seems a bit pointless having them, and I have just plugged PC into my amp instead – less clutter.

So I might as well get some extra cashola for chrimbo and give them to a new home rather than have them in a cupboard collecting dust. They’re in perfect working order, and as most of you will know the sound quality is spot on, especially with a creative SoundBlaster sound card. Haven’t got the box it was massive, so threw it away, have the user manual, although it’s a bit tatty, but I can always download the PDF and print it for you, not that you need it, it’s just a case of plugging it into your machine.

I live in Kingston so ideally this is for people in fairly easily travelling distance, can’t really be doing with trying to find something to pack them in, and sort out posting and all that palaver. Or maybe could meet half way or something.

Cheapest I have seen them is £88.13 online excluding delivery of course.

So I was thinking around £60 ono (think that’s reasonable)

Click here for bigger version:

http://content.europe.creative.com/a...nsp5300_c1.jpg

Creative description
“The perfect partner for Sound Blaster® Audigy™ or Live!™ 5.1 sound cards.
Creative® Inspire 5.1 5300 speakers are the serious user's choice and a must for the intensive gamer. Consisting of 5 satellite speakers and a subwoofer, they are designed to complement Creative® Sound Blaster® Audigy™ or Live!™ 5.1 sound cards, delivering maximum Dolby® Digital 5.1 performance, and setting a new price-performance standard for gaming, music and home theatre. Inside the sleek new 'lifestyle' design, Creative has focused on acoustic performance, especially on the new satellite units. These achieve maximum sound dispersion and set new standards of sound staging and positioning. Used with EAX®-enabled games, the impact is explosive! And with additional features like a wired remote control and the ability to customise the colour of the grilles to suit any environment, these speakers are the sound choice … everywhere”!
  • High performance 18 watts RMS subwoofer plus 30 watts RMS (total) from 5 satellites - ensures ultimate sound quality with Sound Blaster® cards.
  • Advanced satellite design with contoured satellite face plate - optimises sound staging.
  • Enhanced 5.1 sound quality on EAX® and Microsoft® DirectSound® 3D supported games.
  • Wired Remote control with power switch - for total ease of use.
  • Stylish new design, customisable colour coded fronts.
Lifted from here read if you want to read more more..
http://uk.europe.creative.com/produc...t.asp?prod=250

Will post actual pictures 2moro, can’t be a[*]rsed tonight..

Cheers Nick

[Edited by mynickers - 12/15/2003 1:15:04 AM]
Old 15 December 2003, 10:19 AM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

thats a bit steep for 2nd hand with no box or manual....
Old 15 December 2003, 10:41 AM
ChrisB

Nick - Computer related for-sale adds are fine in here

Hobo - Please do not comment on the price mentioned. The seller is entitled to ask what they want. If it's too expensive, it won't sell and it's up to them to drop the price to get a sale.

[Edited by ChrisB - 12/15/2003 10:41:41 AM]
Old 15 December 2003, 10:44 AM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

Wink

ah whatever happened to hagglin eh? so why hasnt this been moved to the for sale bit if ur so strict mr mod?
Old 15 December 2003, 12:59 PM
ChrisB

If you want to haggle, do it off-line.

Computer related for-sale adds are fine in here
Which bit of that isn't clear?
Old 15 December 2003, 01:06 PM
Hobo_Jojo
Scooby Regular

sorry god please dont strike down upon me with great vengence and furious anger....or something..
Old 15 December 2003, 01:08 PM
mynickers
Scooby Regular

It's got a manual, what do you need a box for, it's going to sit near your computer, the hardware functions perfectly and will last just as long as a new set, so I think thats a fair price.

As has been stated if you disagree feel free to email me with an offer..

Trending Topics

Old 15 December 2003, 04:48 PM
lightning
Scooby Regular

Does it have an optical/Toslink/SPDIF input or do you need a 5.1 channel coaxial cable and/or seperate inputs for each speaker?