Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Win 2k and home networking probs

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2003, 06:31 PM
CheekyChimp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I've a bit of a problem, set up home networking on Win2k. We all share the internet connection and are connected to a cable router. When I was on XP everything was hunky dory, but now i'm on 2k I'm having a couple of problems. We are all on the same workgroup and I can access everyone elses folders on the network but nobody can get into mine. My computer is visable to everyone but when they try and access my folders it prompts them for a password. Problem is I haven't set any passwords on the folders. I dont have a clue what's going on, any suggestions anyone? As I say i can **** about with everyone elses stuff but no-one can get at mine.

Ta!
Old 09 December 2003, 06:36 PM
sasim
Used to work here!!

You probably need to enable the 'Guest user' or you can add everyones login names as users.

To enable the guest account goto Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Local Users and Groups. Then ensure that Groups 'Guests' and ueser 'Guest' are enabled

Stuart

Old 09 December 2003, 06:43 PM
CheekyChimp
Scooby Regular

Talking

Nice one, I will try when I get home, would I use the computer names of the other guests (as I see them in network neighbourhood) or the names they log in as on their own computers?