Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Connecting to a speedtouch router

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2003, 09:37 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have my pc and xbox connected via an ethernet speedtouch 510v4 router, they were both easy to connect up without any hassles whatsoever.

I also have a brand new laptop I use from work that I got today. It is a DELL LATITUDE D600. However even though I have got it working via dial up and via a usb modem, I cannot get it to detect my speedtoucher 510 router.

The DELL laptop has an integrateed Broadcom 570X gIGABIT integrated controller, which I plug into the network in the office. However i cannot get it to talk to my router.

Is this because this broadcom 570x cannot be connected directly to a router? Is there an option I can set on the laptop so that it bypasses this controller and talks directly to the router. The laptop only has one ethernet connection.

If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated. When I connect up via the usb modem, it ties up the broadband line and with my wife and myself both trying to work from home on broadband, I am in urgent need of getting the laptop connected to broadband via the router so everyone is happy.

Thanks in advance....