Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Unbeleivable!

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2003, 09:07 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This happens to me everytime I upgrade something (not always computer related). If I even think of ordering something new, the item I'm replacing breaks down. Happened with the TV, the washing machine, the dishwasher, the hoover and now my hard drive. I was planning to use my old hard drive to dual boot Linux and now it's a bloody paper weight [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Just went pop yesterday: booted fine, running windows, BSOD and then the drive was invisible to the BIOS. ****.
Old 10 November 2003, 09:52 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

This has always happened to me - particularly wiht cars - Go to a showroom, fix a tradin in price, arrange to collect on Thursday, leave showroom - bang - clutch dies or something else major
Old 10 November 2003, 12:39 PM
Gedi
Scooby Regular

Its doubtfull its broke. Probably just a bios setting or jumper setting you have wrong.

Why do you want 2 disks for 2 OS'. With the size of disks these days, unless your running huge databases there is no real need.

If you still think you are sure the drive is broken, you can mail it to me, I will oblige

Why not just dump windows all together and stick with a reliable OS
Old 10 November 2003, 05:17 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Umm, Gedi, I hadn't touched the system when the disk went pop, my new hard drive didn't arrive till this morning

The reason I was going to use 2 drives is because I had 2 drives (although now I only have 1 so I'll stick Fedora on a partition)

Besides, my trusty Ultra 1 serves very well as a reliable non-Windows machine, but what would I play Flight Simulator on if I didn't have a Windows box?

I work/have worked with just about every OS out there (except Mac which isn't a real OS ). In fact, I think I have a copy of OS/2 Warp somewhere...