Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Tiscali email

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2003, 10:09 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you spoken to your bank? If you told them you weren't interested then they shouldn't have taken any money

Paul

[Edited by paulpalmer - 11/5/2003 10:09:46 AM]
Old 04 November 2003, 07:17 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Interesting to see Wbemaster warning about Tiscali email accounts in General.

They are the most annoying company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I clicked on an internet pop-up and got taken to details of how to become an Tiscali Network Businesss Advisor. I stupidly entered my details (including bank account details for identification reasons) to receive more information. Very stupid and I'm now bitterly regreting it.

Automatic emails kept asking me to join up to their Network Marketing scheme. I thrashed them as I didn't want to know any more.

A rep phoned me and welcomed me as a new Business Associate but I told him I didn't want anything to do with the company.

Next I get loads of crap in the post asking me to sign up to some terms of business agreement which I of course ignore.

The following week my neighbour hands me a package that Securicor Omega delivered to him with my name and address on it as they couldn't be bothered to go the extra 100 yards to give it to me.
This package contains my Business Pack (basically a very posh large Filofax) and an invoice for £199.

I've checked my bank account and the thieving crooks have stolen the £199 from my account.

As I had thrashed the emails I had no way to contact them. Nowhere in any of their literature is there any telephone numbers for the company. I've tried emailing them but get no response.

I phoned their Head Office and they kept passing me around different people and told me that the name on the letter to me does not work for them. They promised that someone would phone or email me back but of course nobody has. I have contacted my bank to advise that the debit is unauthorised but basically because I was so stupid to give my details over the net it may take considerable time to sort out.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this dreadful company?

I want to get my £199 back and tell the world what a bunch of shoddy unprofessional crooks they are (alledgedly, in my opinion etc).

I know it is partially my own fault for logging on to a site that sounded too good to be true especially after consuming large amounts of wine.

Just hope that nobody else is as stupid as me to have any dealing with these robbing b@stards.