Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Bluetooth help please!

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2003, 12:32 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

OK - got a USB bluetooth dongle (Wave Linker I think). I wanted to set this up mainly to sync Sally's Sony Ericsson T68i phone with the PC. PC is pretty new - Evesham 2.4 Ghz/Win XP Home - fully patched/latest fixes etc.

We have the latest versions of the Bluetooth manager software (v3) and I've got the Sony Ericsson commmunication suite etc.

Couple of problems - SE software doesn't recognise that there is a T68 in range and you can't discover new devices from the PC. If you set the phone to discover new bluetooth devices, it can find the PC and make a 'pair'.

I'm not convinced that the virtual com port for bluetooth is correctly setup and I'm also wondering if it is a faulty dongle.

Anyone used this type of dongle / phone and got it working? I am going to uninstall everything and start from scratch tonight, but I would appreciate any hints and tips (if anyone says 'it works fine on my Mac' I'll hit 'em )

Ta
Chris
Old 10 October 2003, 01:17 PM
J and L
Scooby Newbie

Oddly enough, I’ve been messing with a T68i and a bluetooth dongle this morning. One of the blokes at work bought the dongle and wasn’t sure it worked. I’m using windows 2000. The fist problem I had was that the drivers loaded, but it couldn’t see the dongle. Seems the USB port at the front isn’t a good fit. It’s in the back now and it’s fine. I have a bluetooth icon in the system try, and can “Explore my bluetooth places”. I make the phone discoverable, and then find bluetooth devices…It finds my T68I (and the two bluetooth printers in the office). Double click on the T68I and one of the options is “IrMC Synchronisation on T68”. It then asks me for a PIN, which I enter on the PC, then accept and enter the PIN on the phone. I do then get an error, but that may be down to the fact I don’t have the phone software on my PC – the phone is an old one that doesn’t have a SIM card. I don’t know if any of this is of any help, but it may help identify if the dongle is working or not.

Les
Old 10 October 2003, 08:24 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Thanks Les. I'm not sure to be honest. Software looks seriously flaky to me.

Anyone else?

Chris
Old 10 October 2003, 09:08 PM
ThePosh
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I used to have a T68i and had great difficulty in any Bluetooth sync'ing...

Firstly make sure the T68i is 'discoverable' then add it via the PC.

To sync I found it best to have the SE software up and running and turn the phone off and on. Sometimes it found it, sometimes not. Somtimes it linked long enough to sync, sometimes not!

All in all it was very hit and miss so good luck!

Cheers,

Posh
Old 11 October 2003, 08:26 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Tell me about it I've just spent a long time looking for some answers on the web and it appears that I'm not the only one who has this problem. Looking at the Expansys support forums, there are loads of people with the same problem. I'm just trying to get hold of the latest Blue Manager software (with hopefully, some updated drivers) and I will try this again.

Chris