Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Virgin broadband probs

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2003, 05:16 PM
keja33
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a copy of an email i have just sent to broadband support at virgin, i chose them because they dont tie you down on a min contract, and would anybody know if i was to change my isp would i be able to use the modem i have now, anyway read the email, comment and suggestions most welcome

Hi there, i am having problems 80% of the time when i try to connect to virgin broadband, i have sent emails to a Gareth who has a support@virgin.net address, but he doesnt seem to want to answer my last email,. basicaly my problems are --->>

80% of the time it wont connect it says the "dialup network server is not responding (who is that, its not me) if i try to connect after that the message says "no dial tone" is there a dial tone on broadband ? yes the number to dial is a single 0.

One email i got back fron virgin blamed the number of viruses on the internet, talk about bull and poo.

I have changed the filter, reinstalled the modem software (alacatel speedtouch) and still the problem is there, i know quite a bit about computers, all the setting are correct for the modem and i have done everything asked of me at this end, and virgin dont really want to know, otherwise why do they treat you like a six year old when you phone them up, and why woan virgin answer help emails, not to much to ask is it.
Hopefully somebody might take pity on me, after all i am only a customer.
Yours, Kevin Jackson.