Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Can't get rid of Explorer's 1st page

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2003, 01:59 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has got me

A friend's PC had Supanet as the ISP, plus Freewire pay as you go ISP as a backup.
Supanet changed to Mistral and so they put a page up when you connect to the internet saying so with the new numbers.

Having reset the dial up with new numbers everything works okay, as expected...until I try the Freewire dial up. It connects to the internet and now all you get in Explorer is the same Mistral web page saying the numbers for dial up have changed e.t.c e.t.c

If I type in a different url it appears to go and load the new site, but still displays the Mistral number change page. Even if I delete all history, internet cache and reset the home page to say bbc.co.uk it will remain on the stupid number change page every time I connect to theinterent using a different ISP to Mistral.
If I disconnect and re-connect through Mistral it works as expected again, displaying any website I want.
How do I stop the Mistral page coming up when I use a different ISP?

Cheers

Tony
Old 18 September 2003, 03:00 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

It will have set the homepage somewhere in the registry. Will have a look and see if i can find it for you.
Old 18 September 2003, 03:03 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

Cheers Druddle,

I went through the Registry and removed anything to do with Mistral and supanet, plus I removed all settings under rasautou..still does it.

I built the PC to dual boot into either Me or XP..it has the same problem in both. I've tried installing IE6 SP1 but it still does it..it doesn't even allow Explorer to go to the Microsoft site as it normally does with new installs of IE.
Old 18 September 2003, 10:46 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

bttt