Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

just bought mcafee

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2003, 07:02 PM
catalunya199
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bought it 2 days ago the firewall and anti virus and thank god i did when i installed it found out i had 3 more viruses and i had that rebooting one as well but now theyve all gone.i was on the computer tonight just browsing when a little icon started flashing i clicked it as it was part of the new firewall thing and some *** was trying to hack into my computer my computer actually told me who it was where they lived and everything i needed to know unbelievable.some little tued from brazil trying to hack in just wish i new what to do to report it,this is some seriously kick *** kit it only cost £50 and has virtually paid for itself already if you are thinking of renewing your stuff i would recommend this and you can see what ******** is trying to hack into your computer.
Old 15 August 2003, 08:11 PM
DSOTM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
some little tued from brazil trying to hack in just wish i new what to do to report it,this is some seriously kick *** kit it only cost £50 and has virtually paid for itself already if you are thinking of renewing your stuff i would recommend this and you can see what ******** is trying to hack into your computer
Port scanning is commonplace. Reporting it is a waste of time and effort, just be glad it's now being blocked.

If you ever experience a real hack attempt, it will be a sustained attack with hundreds/thousands of attemps from the same IP address.

The only thing you have to worry about now is what the firewall isn't catching