Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Learning web development skills...

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2003, 06:16 PM
CC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hi, I've just got a new job whereby part of my duties are to administer the company Intranet. Up until a couple of days ago my html/asp skills were none existent, after a couple of days reading up, they've now improved to bad .

The guy who designed/implemented/maintained it from scratch has left the company.

I've had a fairly brief look around Inetpub on our intranet server and although there's alot there, it doesn't seem incomprehensible.

As part of a my learning process I'm writing a new website for a friend of mine with his own business. This is where my dilemma starts :

Do I use one of the web authoring tools such as FrontPage/Dreamweaver/InterDev? Or can I just use TextPad as I really want to learn the syntax rather than having all the difficult stuff done for me. I've been using TextPad/online resources for help on tags etc for the past couple of days and I'm finding it ok, the biggest problem I find is that there is no debugging facility.

What do you guys and gals recommend?

Chris
Old 05 August 2003, 06:46 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Use the codeview on dreamweaver. Best of both worlds.

Steve