Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Outlook Express 6 setup???

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2003, 10:17 AM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 'surname.com' email domain and have configured OE6 to pickup emails addressed to 'anyone@' on it. Works fine.

However, if I reply to an email, I'd like my sending address to be the same as the one that was sent to

The reason is that I want me, wife, kids, my photography work etc etc to have separate incoming email addresses on the surname.com domain, but for it to be flexible so that if someone starts using a new email address (eg scooby@surname.com), then I am seen to be replying from it, not the martin@surname.com that I've currently got set up on the account that retrieves all surname.com emails

If anyone understands this, can you tell me if its possible???
Old 12 July 2003, 11:37 AM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I'd create different identities from File, Identities, Manage Identity for each email address. OE can be configured to prompt for a particular identity at logon. Then from Tools, Options, Maintenance, Store Folder point each identity at the same directory in order that the received mail is shared between all.
Old 07 December 2003, 02:20 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Thanks, but I don't really want the complexity of identities.

Maybe another way of saying what I'm after is that when I reply to an email in OE I want the From address of my reply to be the same as the Sent To address of the original mail i.e. the From address is dynamically created, rather than just being selectable from the drop down list that OE gives you of accounts that you've previously set up

so... if someone sends to ibetyoudidntthinkofthisaddress99@surname.com, then I can reply from it and keep that email address current for the thread, rather than only being able to reply from martin@surname.com

[Edited by MartinM - 7/12/2003 2:21:22 PM]