Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Software artisans file upload - broken ?

Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2003, 10:59 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

HI Guys,

Need some major help here.

We have an intranet website that is used for R & D etc and due to the hack attack last sunday I patched up everything, hotfixes etc.

Now when the users go in to the site, everything is fine except when they try and download a file, instead of opening the file, it offers up the filename with .asp at the end ??? If i download it and rename it (ie take the .asp off the end) It can be opened fine as was intended

It says "You have chosen to download a file of type: application/octet-binary from http://194.203.xx.xx what would you like to do with it. And the file is actually the correct file but with .asp on the end of it. Ie file1.jpg.asp

I have rolled back all the hotfixes etc but it still doesnt work. Around the same time in the event log, a new error started appearing - "The service could not bind to instance 7. The data is in the error code..."

Source W3SVC
EventID 115

I think this may be a red hearing though, as we added a new website a few days ago and it had not been rebooted since. Anyone got any ideas ?