Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Question related to BT ADSL/Openworld

Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2003, 12:29 PM
Ru$$Rip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an Openworld 500 ADSL with BT. My PC us connected via USB to the modem. I have connected a hub to the NIC on my PC and enabled Internet Sharing. Now my missus can just plug her laptop into the hub via her NIC and hey presto she has access.

I have aquired a web cam with built in web server. The mini DHCP that Internet sharing uses assigns the web cam an unique IP address. This means that using internet explorer I can go straight to the 192.168.x.x IP address and view the contents of the web cam. The question is ........ Is it possible to connect to the web cam externally? I have an 82.x.x.x IP address from BT on the PPP adaptor. So basically I want to leave the web cam up on my home network but somehow be able to connect to the web cam from work. Any advice suggestions welcome.

Cheers
Old 07 July 2003, 02:45 PM
Ru$$Rip
Scooby Regular

anyone?
Old 07 July 2003, 02:52 PM
Tsunami
Scooby Regular

if your web cam sofware supports remote control services u need to find out what port number it uses. THen in xp you can set up port forwarding to the ip address of your web cam to view / control camera