Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

How do you convert an XVID film into a dvd?!?

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2003, 08:34 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've tried using guides from vcdhelp.com, bu I'm still having problems.

I'm sure I've got to strip the film of audio and video. Then use something to put them together and then burn them.

But what programs do I use? Is there a program that coverts a film to a video_ts format so i can use nero to burn it.

I tried using tmpgec but it just dont like my films and seems to stop half way through. But even when I have converted it (only once or twice), its still in mpeg and cant be burnt straight to the dvd.

Oh, this is for back ups of my original dvds

How do you burn your films???
Old 21 June 2003, 09:32 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Once the avi is in the right format. You have to demultiplex it into 2 files, one vid and one audio. Then use IFOedit to create the video_ts folder files. Then use Nero to burn these.

H
Old 21 June 2003, 11:41 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

In order to do this you must use two tools, one is the tool you hae mentioned, i cant remember the other off the top of my head, but you do indeed strip out the audio, then convert the xvid silent film, then bolt the audio back in.

but if you are doing it to watch in a dvdplayer you will be disapointed, the quality when i have tried is very poor and your much better off using svcd as the 3 films i converted looked and sounded awful and it took about 7 hours to do the conversion