Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dis-satisfaction with Mobileshop.com

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2003, 10:23 AM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just cancelled an order I had withthis company for a Sony Ericcson P800 mobile phone.
As I am quite hacked off with their approach, I am bringing it to the attention of others.
I ordered the phone on the 2nd June with the idea to "port" my existing number on the 9th June.
Was assured everything was fine and I would receive the new phone all set up on the 10th.
I left them to get on with it but decided to check progress via the net on the 9th. I saw "problem with order, please call".
Eventually, I got through to them on the phone to learn that the problem was they were out of stock of this phone, but would hopefully have them by end of this week.(First I had heard of this, AND only as I checked)
Having originally assured me they had stock to fulfill my order, I feel that their attitude is very poor and I would therefore have no faith in their commitment in "after sales support" if there was a problem.
Therefore just flagging this to any other potential customers.
I would rather now pay higher cot locally than trust Mbileshop.com.
Old 11 June 2003, 12:28 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear of your trouble, but just wondered what's the best deal you've found for the P800?

regards,

Greg
Old 11 June 2003, 01:39 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Dave,

I have used the www.mobileshop.com on multiple occasions and have ordered at least 4 phones from them in the last few years. Plus I have started to use them for digital cameras and other bits. I have always found them helpful. I did have a problem with an orange number port which they sorted out even though it was orange at fault.

Have you actually discussed your concerns with them ?

Dave.
Old 11 June 2003, 02:56 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

I tried to discuss, but their only supervisor was "at an all day meeting". Therefore no joy. I did however send a full explanatory e mail to their Managing Director- but no response.
Best deal without going on line sems to be about £220 with either Orange or Vodaphone.
If anyone knows of a better deal, then I would be delighted to hear of it.
Old 12 June 2003, 08:42 AM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

In fairness to Mobileshop.com, I have now received an e mail from their MD responding to my complaint and he says he is putting a different system in place which will not let this happen again.
At least it is good to see that he has taken an interest.Still lookingin the High Street now though!
Old 06 November 2003, 11:51 PM
Kevin Greeley
Scooby Regular

Can get it for £120 at http://www.onestopphoneshop.com on t-mobile but the monthly rental is £46. Price depends on the tariff/network chosen.

[Edited by Kevin Greeley - 6/11/2003 11:53:42 PM]