Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Saving digital pics on a CD to view on TV set

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2003, 11:20 PM
Teacher1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to be able to view my digital photos on my TV receiver in a "slide show" mode. Any software available to let me save them on a CD (or DVD, if necessary)??
Old 03 June 2003, 08:49 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Smile

Lots.

If you have a DVD player capable of playing either Kodak or Jpeg CD's then you can use the built-in software to play them back as a slideshow. Just burn them using Nero or any other software that writes Kodak CD format (or data format for Jpeg CD's).

Otherwise you can burn them to DVD-R as a slide show, (I use Sonic My-DVD). This way you can add music, commentary, additional video etc etc

You could also burn them to CD in VCD format as a slideshow, but at a loss of quality.

What player do you have ?

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 6/3/2003 8:52:30 AM]
Old 03 June 2003, 06:04 PM
Teacher1
Scooby Newbie

Talking

I have a Sony DVP-NS715P DVD Player. No DVD burner at this time. Would appreciate suggestions for selecting a DVD burner. I do have a 32X CD burner with Nero software. I hope to buy a DVD burner as soon as I can determine what is best for what I might need. It looks like DVD plus is popular but maybe I should get one that does both + and -?? Thanks for your help
Old 03 June 2003, 07:51 PM
mannyo1
Scooby Regular

I am proberbly going to get some stick for this, but here goes.

Recently got a piece of software from QVC the shopping channel, Ulead DVD Picture show. It burns your images onto a VideoCD format disc, that can be played on virtually any modern DVD Player, earlier players had problems with CDR Discs. The software can also burn onto DVD Discs and the pic resolution is then much higher. Very customisable, music, fades wipes and menus. Check out their site http://www.ulead.com/dps/runme.htm. Looks like there is a trial copy you can download.
Old 03 June 2003, 10:59 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

I use ULead DVD Picture Show 2.

Just drag the pictures you want into a slideshow, add background music and any fancy slide transitions you want.

Create a front menu and then burn a VCD.

Your DVD player needs to support VCD which most do and you'll need to find a CDR type which can be read by your DVD player. I ended up having to used CDRW disks as my Sony DVD doesn't like CDR.
I think your sony model is a similar age to mine (mine is a 725). If you click on the link below for vcdhelp there is a DVD player compatability table with user reports which will help you decide what media to use. I suspect you'll end up using CDRW as well, I've had no problems with and brand of CDRW.
Sony NS715P

Just a word of warning if you use the fancy slide transitions (e.g fades etc) it records it in mpeg1 which isn't great resolution. If you use no transitions so it just switches from one slide to the next without any fancy fades it uses mpeg2 which has double the resolution and is excellent quality.

Basically its a doddle with this software. there are a few others around but if you want mpeg2 resolution be careful about what other package you choose.

This link gives you some idea how easy it is Photo VCD

Take a look at vcdhelp for more info and other packages.

Cheers

Mark

[Edited by Gizmo555 - 6/3/2003 11:11:47 PM]
Old 04 June 2003, 11:27 AM
swan
Scooby Regular

On the shareware side there are programs like ProShow, PhotoShow, Photo2VCD, etc. A search on something like www.download.com would no doubt give a wide range. Most also allow you to create exe versions, screen savers, etc.
Old 05 June 2003, 02:46 PM
Ken E
Scooby Regular

Teacher
Findo out what formats are supported by your DVD player and get a DVD burner that will burn that format.

Ken