Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

FAO - MartinM + What would Scooby Do !

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2003, 10:21 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thank you for your replies, very useful-not.
I would only ask why not ?
My english may not have been great but whats that got to do with it when i was purely asking advice on here form people.
Not everyone's spelling is great, is it MartinM, and at least some of us have the guts to put our email address in our profiles !
Why don't the moderators build in a spell checker ? Or then you might not have anything else to do apart from pull other people up on their spelling and grammer !!!!!!

Old 27 May 2003, 10:41 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Jimmy

SAP consultancy/services/whatever is (should be?) at the top end of the food chain and can demand very high fees.

However, people expect to get the best in exchange for the £££s - and a badly worded/spelt/grammatically incorrect simple statement of your capabilities could, unfortunately, be taken as a pointer to your overall professionalism and skill.

If you're serious about doing this high value stuff, and as you admit (which is admirable in itself) that spelling and grammar is not your strong point, then might I suggest either:
- proof read everything at least twice yourself
- get someone else to proof read it
- type it into Word and do a spell check/correction there, then copy and paste it into the post.

...and, you should have noted the presence of the 3 smileys that showed I wasn't being too serious after all.

Best regards
Martin
...with no email address in profile since I get enough junk mail on it already without it being potentially harvested by a crawler and then getting even more
Old 27 May 2003, 11:43 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Wink

Jimmy

The other thing that we might have to do is to pull people on their blatant advertising
Old 28 May 2003, 12:19 AM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

I don’t pretend to know what has gone on here but taking the pi55 out of people because of bad spelling is low.
Old 28 May 2003, 08:12 AM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Puff,
i had emailed Josh and said sorry and that i would re word it if he un -locked it, i will try again today to ask advice without it being to much of an advert.

Cheers.