Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Thick-as-custard question about setting up Freeserve e-mail account on Outlook Expres

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2003, 01:29 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone put this idiot out of his misery regarding Outlook Express please?

I want to set up a new identity, because for some reason my existing identities are refusing to accept the passwords i have been using for eons, and i've been told there's nothing i can do to re-set them.

So when i set up a new identity, i have to go through the procedure of filling in the "what name would you like to be displayed?" box, then filling in my e-mail address, which are obviously striaghtforward enough. But then it asks me about the server details for my incoming and outgoing e-mails, for the POP3 address.

Since it's a long time since i last did this, please could somebody tell me what i have to put in these two fields?

Furthermore, if i set up a new identity with an e-mail address i had previously linked to another user identity, will Outlook Express accept it? Will i have to delete the user identity linked to this e-mail address first before it will allow a different user id to be linked to it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

[Edited by TelBoy - 5/20/2003 1:31:15 PM]
Old 20 May 2003, 01:34 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

http://www.freeserve.com/help/email/...ess2_page2.htm

Google - quicker than S'Net

Deano
Old 20 May 2003, 01:34 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Telboy,

I have just transferred my e-mail account with freeserve onto my new computer. Took me hours to come to getting the inbox and outbox correct.

From memory the inbox was; pop.freeserve.net and
the outbox was; smpt.freeserve.net (or something like that)

I can check tonight on my home PC if that helps.

Damian.
Old 20 May 2003, 01:37 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Fankoo dsmith, that's what i needed. Why doesn't Outlook Express have some sort of "Help" key to take you to that sort of site, or do they assume most users have at least a microgram of computer savvy? Hmmm, thought so....