Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

How fast ????

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2003, 03:16 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I just thought id tell you guys about my ntl installation (not speed) The engineer was supposed to turn up yesterday but didnt and forgot to tell me they found big problems etc so wouldnt be calling to install it (no down pipe) etc etc, long story so I wrote a really snotty mail to the MD and f**k me if both a construction crew, supervisor and Installation team all turned up this afternoon to install it all by direct order of the regional manager.

I *was* told by the CSR it would be at least a week etc. Shows what a strong letter to upper tiers can do.

Well done NTL
Old 09 April 2003, 03:30 PM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Better than mine.
The guy turned up, plumbed everything in, I connected the modem, lights lit up.
He left (that's his job done)
I then went through the paperwork and lo and behold, they hadn't sent me the paperwork for nmy account details.
Rang them up and they said I wasn't on their system.
I said "Oh, does this mean I can use another provider now that I have a free cable modem and cabling?"
Quick as a flash they set an account up for me
Old 09 April 2003, 03:31 PM
basal_lobe
Scooby Regular

Glad to see someone gets results out of NTL. I've had nothing but trouble. Totally useless, liars and their fitter (I won't call the monkey an engineer) accidentally pocketed a valuable object from my house. When I complained and added I could prove it was him (my alarm system features CCTV) my valuables turned up the next day by courier without any kind of apology. Eventually it turned out that it "fell" into his toolbox.
Also my line has never worked properly adding insult to injury.
Old 09 April 2003, 03:39 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Well I did mention that last time I had cable it took 3 visits and 4 weeks to install. I questioned if a cable installation had ever worked first time

Basically it detailed the problems I had even ordering it two weeks ago.

I was even given the Area Managers DDI, personal mobile and fax for good measure