Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

URGENT HELP - MSN problems, virus??

Search this Thread

Old 27 March 2003, 02:35 PM
jongould-work
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now i know you are all instantly gonna say 'its a hoax' or something but this isnt a forwarded mail or something i have heard, its just a query as to what is happening and if anyone else has experienced it.

basicall, my brother recently used an email contact for some parts for his car. since sending an email to this guy we have recieved a couple of mails saying 'click here to find out more' with no visable content and a size od 144kb.

The other guy hasnt sent these mails, they have been sent from his address automatically.

what is causing the most concern now is that everyone in my brothers mailing list has now recived these mails from him, same size and no content. my mother is on my brothers list and so she recived one. again, everyone on my mothers list has recived one. luckley my email address is on neither of thier accounts so i am yet unaffected, but everyone on thier address is.

it seems to ba a virus that spreads automatically through emails. we have yet to recive any symptons on the PCs we have been using and so i am hoping that due to us using an onloine database as opposed to using our comp harddrive for storing the mails.

does anyone have any idea as to what is going on??
Old 27 March 2003, 02:52 PM
Nick VR4
Scooby Regular

I would recommend you run a antivirus scan on your PC
McAfee is good if you havent got the sware imho

you also need to be a bit more specific try searching here
http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/naicommon/avert/default.asp
Old 27 March 2003, 05:27 PM
scooby-dooby
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it could be the W32.Klez virus. I had this virus a while back and it kept sending e-mails containing the virus to other people I didn't even know. I bought Norton Antivirus and when I installed it the virus would not let the program start. In the end I went to Symantec's home page where they do an online scan of your computer. Once the virus is detected you can let Symantec remove it from your PC via the removal tools.

Symantec
Click on the link and go to Scan for Viruses and follow the instructions. That should solve your problem.