Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

help!

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2003, 11:04 AM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everytime i try to open nero to burn cd`s its not letting me open the program instead it gives me this message....................

When i click for nero i get this message.

Another application is currently using the windows burning engine (IMAPI) Please quit the other application and start Nero again.

Ive done the ctl alt del thing and gone to processes but there is no (IMAPI) thing runing.
I've also got rid of quick time and real player..they are 2 progs i downloaded before it went doolally,

PLEASE HELP!!
Old 13 March 2003, 11:57 AM
Jeff Wiltshire
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your running XP it has it's own CD burner program as standard.
Old 13 March 2003, 12:12 PM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Cool

XP still allows Nero.....

I've been running XP PRo and Nero for over a year (probly longer...) and Its OK,

I know this doesn't fix the problem, but it might save you going down the 'change OS' route !

Mark

PS - I have seen this error, when I hit burn and insert a cd aroung the same time - NERO conflicts with explorer checking the CD. BUT - I've always just waited 30 secs and hit burn again - I'm guessing you've tried this and no joy ?
Old 13 March 2003, 05:07 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

If you're running XP try the following, I think its all dependant on drivers etc, might be wrong.

Open My Computer -> Right Click your CD Rom Drive -> properties -> Recording Tab -> Tick off "Enable CD recording on this drive"

Could you have direct CD running from Easy CD Creator?

HTH

~Jules