Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

What have i done???!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2003, 08:25 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Just "messing" around on the pc.right clicked onto one of my pictures and selected "open with Notepad"(as you do)
up came a load of jargon in notepad.closed it.
Now all of my pictures will only open in Notepad(shows no picture,just jargon)!!

I have lost the little Jpg icons(red icon thing?) from all my pictures,they have all been replaced with the Notepad icon.

How the hell can i get the little jpg icon back so that when i double click onto the thumb ,the picture pops up in full size again??

Please help me!(i'll stick to plumbing in the future!!)

Windows ME
Old 05 March 2003, 08:35 PM
Huffer
Scooby Regular

Wink

Weird.

Alls I know is, you need to open up Windows Explorer, go to View, Folder Options.
Then click on the File Types tab,
Scroll down the list till you find the JPEG file type (or any file type with JPG as the extension...it might be hidden in the Notepad filetypes.)
Select it, and then click Edit.
In the next window, select the "open" command then click Edit again.
Now you have to paste the PATH to the application you want to use to open or view JPEGs (usually Internet Explorer, or a nifty picture proggie). The PATH is the location on your hard drive where that program exists.

That should fix you up!
Old 05 March 2003, 08:36 PM
scooby nutter
Scooby Regular

sorted it!
right clicked and selected image preview,and ticked the "always open with this"box

SN
Old 05 March 2003, 08:37 PM
Huffer
Scooby Regular

?

Or you could just do that instead!

Old 05 March 2003, 08:37 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Right click on the pic and select property’s the property’s window should open, there should be a button that say’s “opens with” click this and you can change the program that opens the file.

Tim.