Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Where is this device coming from ...???

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2003, 02:30 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not 100% sure, but I think "\DR4" rings a bell from when I borrowed a digital camera from work.

The digital camera, when plugged into the PC appeared as a removable drive and I think that was listed with "\DR4" as the drive/device name. Camera was an Olympus I think (might have been Fuji), was a long time ago.

I'm guessing that at some point you had a digi camera attached to the PC and had opened a movie stored on the camera from within "Media Player". Now, everytime you open up Media Player it is checking the files still exist becuase you added them to a playlist ?

If any of this makes any sense I would check the Playlists for anything that isn't actually stored on your PC.

Cheers

Ian
Old 02 March 2003, 09:25 PM
VR6man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the error message about the drive not being ready kept coming up on a machine I had with a failing hard disc drive..

it would come up randomly and for example when i went to run a file on the drive in question..

might be different in your case though.