Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Audigy Soundcard - reinstalling without CD

Search this Thread

Old 02 August 2003, 11:28 AM
IanWatson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

hello all,
I'm having a shocker - I've got a partial and corrupted installation from the (now disappeared) CD that came with the card (in French, don't ask) - and want to reinstall the card.
The card is now unplugged, no Creative software on Add/Remove yet I still get error messages on start up, and there's a CT process still running that is impossible to 'end'.

The updated drivers from Creative need the original CD or a working installation - I've ordered a CD from the site but it's STILL not arrived and I need to be playing my MP3's this weekend!

One solution if I was running XP would be to use the standard Live! driver that comes with the OS, then install the new Audigy updates - it works apparently, but I've got W2k which doesn't have these drivers as standard.

Any one help, please? The silence is deafening!!

edited to say it's a bog-standard Audigy Player card (SB1394 stamped on on the card) and it's running an Athlon 1900

[Edited by IanWatson - 2/8/2003 11:31:13 AM]