Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

fcuked off with Orange!! Can anybody do me a deal on a couple of phones?

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2003, 04:23 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

[rant mode ON]

Aargh!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Been trying to upgrade mine and wifey's phones now for ages. We're both out of contract. Spent the last hour going round all the highstreet retailers, but to no avail. IMHO, I get impression is that Orange don't give a **** about their loyal customers (been with them for 5 years now [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img])

So, I'm about to speak to them and tell them where to shove their phones [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Seems to me that they're resting on their laurels slightly, as they used to be good

Anyway, off the soapbox. Are there any retailers out there who can do me and wifey a good deal on monthly phones?

Wifey wants a T100, me? well, I'm not too sure yet. It can be any network as long the bills are cheap (email me offline for more details!)

My money is waiting

Dan
[rant mode OFF]
Old 03 February 2003, 05:34 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

Where are you Dan?? I have a contact locally (hants), if not try http://scancom.co.uk/
Old 03 February 2003, 06:06 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I based in Herefordshire......
Old 03 February 2003, 07:04 PM
BL
Scooby Regular

Best thing to upgrade is to phone orange direct on 150. then speak to a customer account person.

I get all my upgrades that way & if you want to try your luck, complain & threaten to leave (considering you've been with them for 3 years +) they often offer a free upgrade.

Hope this helps.
Old 03 February 2003, 07:22 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dan I'll elaborate: -

My contact locally is at CPW, but I imagine with a little bit of detective work & some gentle coaching you can strike the deal at your local branch.

Here's how to do it, find a company (normally on the net or in the back of Exchange & Mart) who are selling the phone you want at a silly low price, as long as it's in stock and available for delivery then CPW will match it. They will then also give you money if you trade in your old handsets (Depending on what they are you may get more money on ebay), they may try to pull the different tariff gag, saying that the cheaper phone is on a higher tariff than you want - front them out and let them know that you know how to work the system and will soon be changing back to the tariff you want so you may as well just do the deal.

All CPW staff are on commision so it's in their interests to do the deal for you.

Retalier's get better commision on new connections rather than upgrades thats why they are invariably cheaper.

The beauty of it is that you get the phone you want at the price you want from a reputable high street retailer.

Be wary of the insurance, they make more money on that so keep that one in your back pocket and if you are struggling for the deal tell him you will take his expensive insurance(You can cancel it FOC afterwoods)

The reason my contact is better for me is I don't have to prove my lower prices are in stock etc .

Hope this helps mate.

If you are on Everyday 50 - think carefully before you cancel as this offer is no longer available.

Stu.....
Old 03 February 2003, 07:28 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

we're both on talk 60....
Went to CPW - were told that the deal for wifey's T100 was a done deal. Went back to sort it today and they changed their minds, so I told em to **** off!!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

In all fairness, Orange's customer service these days aint what it used to be. They couldn't give a toss whether you stay with them or not....

Bloody phones[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Dan

Thanks for the info
Old 03 February 2003, 07:41 PM
Stu_WRX
Scooby Regular

Try blagging them with this one @ 99p for the T100 http://www.scancom.co.uk/data/shopdi...e+Samsung+T100

Free here on Talk 200 (£30PM) http://www.mobileshop.com/mobilephones/orange/paymonthly/samsungt100.php

Just search around the net for your deal, print the page and take it in.
Old 03 February 2003, 07:46 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

wifey's just called Orange to see if they'd compete - they told her to get lost!!!!

She has now left them....

Looks like I will be following suit......

Dan
Old 03 February 2003, 11:11 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Agreed Dave!!!

Looking at a T100 and an Siemens S55 on o2 (leisure time plus - 500mins o/peak & 100 text per month!!)

Dan
Old 03 February 2003, 11:44 PM
Thommo
Scooby Regular

I can definitely recommend Mobileshop, have dealt with them q few times before and they are always superb.

another one to try is http://www.a1comms.com Nice and cheap - like the budgie.

Not as great on the customer service as Mobileshop though.
Old 04 February 2003, 08:15 AM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Im on O2 mate, £40- £38 for 250 any time minutes to anyone and 250 texts

Si
Old 04 February 2003, 12:17 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

yeh was looking at £20 for LeisureTime Plus.....

Not bad eh?

Dan
Old 02 March 2003, 10:44 PM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Orange are sh!te in looking after loyal customers. Just kicked both phones into touch whilst one was still in contract. They even managed to make a 2 hours number transfer take 48 hours !!!.

Try www.mobileshop.co.uk in general, can recommend their customer service and attitude. CPW couldn't or wouldn't match em ! plus tie you into no change in talk plans for longer and where slightly more expensive.

Vodaphone offnet 200 for a similar deal to talk 60.

Nokia 6610 good phone for free.

In the last couple of weeks I have had better reception than I have had for the last year !

[Edited by DemonDave - 2/3/2003 10:45:27 PM]