Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Mouse wheel auto-sensing scroll areas?

Search this Thread

Old 27 January 2003, 12:01 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

I asked about this problem six months ago for my Logitech mouse on my home PC, to get it like my office PC, and got the solution. Now my office PC has been changed, lost the function, and I would like to get it like my home PC! All clear?

On the office PC, this did work on Win NT but has disappeared now we have Win 2000 installed.

Say there are two scroll boxes visible in the same window. With my office PC, I can put the cursor over one and I have to click on something in the scroll box for the wheel to operate that scroll box. If I then move the cursor to the other, the wheel will still scroll the first box until I click on something in the second.

With my home PC, as soon as I put the cursor over the scroll box, the mouse wheel "senses" it and operates that scroll box. Take it out of the scroll box, and it operates the window in general. Put it over another, it operates that. No clicking needed.

Does anyone know the patch/upgrade/whatever that I need to get this to work on my office PC? Mouse and PC are labelled Compaq FWIW (so not Logitech). Control Panel tells me it's a PS/2, Driver 5.0.2183.1, driver date 14/11/99. Sounds like the driver is old, but can anyone assure me that a particular update will solve my problem?

Many thanks in advance

Brendan
Old 27 January 2003, 12:09 PM
MATTeL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a setting in TweakUI that allows you to mimic UNIX window selection style.

You can get TweakUI from Microsoft!