Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Crap P.C

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2003, 07:51 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needs some advice guys,

Purchased a P.C from company X, paid £2,000 for it 14 months ago and the thing has never really been right, at first I though the operating system was causing the pc to reboot so I formated the drive and re-installed xp, this didn't solve the problem, so over the last year they have swapped out 2x Motherboards, 2x Hard drives, Processor, Fan and heat sink, DVD, Graphics card, and memeory.

I paid top money for a state of the art p.c and all I have had is headaces. The P.C was collected one month ago as the warranty now became return to base but it didn't go to the company I purchased the p.c from it went to another repair company whose service stinks, really bad attitude, the returned the P.C 5 days later and it was in a real state, DVD driver, CD-RW and Floppy drive all pushed far back into their bays. Got photo's to prive, the MD of this company refused to reply to my e-mails so I went back to where I purchased it from (they are mail order but big) and they sales directors attitude has been really bad. I have in total had 4 engineers out and it has been back to them once. I have asked for my money back as they can't fix the problem, they said no way so I asked for a new P.C they said No. Currently they aree offering to take it back to their HQ repair area but say the need it for at least 10 working days (14 days including weekends), I really can't live without my P.C as I use it for work and the damn thing is re-booting itself 2-3 times a day. Where do I stand with the law on this one? they have had ample opportunities in the part to fix it. Their attitude and service is disgracfull and thats putting it mildely. I feel like a name and shame, am I allowed to do that? Help
Old 10 January 2003, 09:46 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Question

Can't you do a 'rhymes with' name and shame or something like that? I reckon you can get away with that and also curious myself.

Cheers,

Nick
Old 10 January 2003, 09:52 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
tried to get money back from people before with debt collectors and it only costs you money, think yourself lucky that a pc you paid £2k for 14 months ago is only worth about £200 in real terms now. move on and never buy from this company again
Old 10 January 2003, 10:00 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

faeces world?
Old 10 January 2003, 10:38 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Yeah name and shame warn other people mate.

Si
Old 10 January 2003, 10:55 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Wink

Faeces hurled poss a better rhyme?
Old 10 January 2003, 11:01 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
if some one i had business with had messed me about i would he=ave no problems in shaming them ie. i had a car a company called TURBO PAKS in durham do some work on a past car for me THEY ARE THE WORST GARAGE IN THE WORLD
i got a debt collector on to them but it cost me money after they blew my engine. shame the F******s

Trending Topics

Old 13 January 2003, 02:10 PM
Cyberevo
Scooby Regular

O.K chaps thants for the advice,

I have warrned this company that I will name and shame them, however in my e-mail's I have pointed out that I will stick to the facts and the facts only. I will be writing to Carrera SSC or otherwise known as Digital Networks PLC, if anyone else has had a bad experience with them or their third party repair company 'Repair Line' then please let me know.