Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Digital cameras - rechargeable batteries???

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2002, 03:47 PM
mark_h
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NiMH are better than NiCd, but Li-Ion is usually better still. The important figure is the mAh figure as it's a measure of capacity. Sometimes it's cheaper to have many sets of NiMH batteries rather than a couple of Li-Ion batteries. I think I have 4 sets for NiMH for my camera.

For your holiday, can you take a charger?

Can you not recharge the Li-Ion battery you have?

[Edited by mark_h - 12/2/2002 3:50:19 PM]
Old 02 December 2002, 01:25 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Question

Hi,

I've purchased a Minolta F100 digital camera and found that the lithium CR-V3 battery which it takes, only lasts for about 50 photos. This was over the course of seven days when I was on holiday and I used the LCD screen to compose and review pictures.

Can anyone suggest a rechargeable lithium battery as an alternative?

I've tried standard alkaline Duracell AAs, but they look like they're about to run out after literally minutes viewing pictures on a TV.

I've been advised to use rechargeable NI-MH batteries, but I have no idea how long these would last for and therefore, how many I would need to take with me on a (e.g.) 2 week holiday!!

It's going to be expensive if I have to keep buying CR-V3s...

Thanks,

Alex.
Old 02 December 2002, 02:09 PM
scoob_dood
Scooby Regular

In my experience there are no batteries that can really handle lots if LCD screen usage. I would probably recommend a second Li-Ion battery and to take your charger along also.

My camera uses AA sized batteries, and so far the best batteries I have found have been 1800MaH Ni-Mh batteries, these are usually circa £20 for 4 with charger.

- Jon
Old 02 December 2002, 04:18 PM
shawa
Scooby Regular

Hi,

The camera didn't come with a rechargeable battery, which is why I was wondering if anyone knew if one could be purchased. I can't find any suitable lithium rechargeables in the shops.

Looks like I'll be taking your advice and buying a few sets of NI-MH rechargeables (as well as taking the charger on holiday)!!

It's a great camera other than the battery life issue.

Thanks,

Alex.