Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Epson C42 Plus Printer Problem

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2002, 11:18 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off I know its a 5hite printer......

I loaded the new ink cartridges into it & it got 80% of the way through the process but stopped short & a red light came on.
Now it wont print anything - goes through the motions but no ink gets onto the paper.
Obviously the fault is because it didn't complete the install of the ink cartridges properly but because the printer is seeing them as full it wont let me remove them & re-insert them (which might cure the problem)

Anyone help?

Ro.
Old 26 November 2002, 01:29 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

my dad has a trick when his carts run low, his is an earlier epson that does not have the little chip things on the carts, this may be your problem.I think these chips monitor ink levels by the amount of print jobs that have been carried out.

when he gets a low warning he turns the printer off and back on again. as the print head moves across the carriage as it sets itself up, he pulls the power supply out of the printer when the cart is in the position where it can be accessed through the casing.

he takes the cartridge out and the replaces it, and then turns the priner back on. This seems to stretch the life of his cartidge ( dont ask me how).

other than that, go into the printer utilities and see what the status monitor tells you about the ink levels and try a nozzle check etc.

Old 26 November 2002, 01:31 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

thanks mj

the carts do have a chip on them.
Will try the nozzle thing

Ro.
Old 26 November 2002, 02:19 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

My old Epson Stylus 700 responds to mj's trick. Guess it may be to old for chipped carts? Manages to fudge the software from thinking they are empty though.