Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Broadband selection - total novice!

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2002, 12:13 AM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving house soon and as I'd heard of BT Openworld I thought I'd type in the number of the house I'm moving to (a very built up area) and was shocked that they didnt have the facility (its totally the opposite of a rural area I'm moving to - would have thought thye'd have looked at most of the high density sites by now!

I was wondering who to choose given this, ideally with one that is fast as possible for the money - i.e. a sustained minimum of 50k download a second...

I'm over in the States at the moment and have seen one providers software, where you need do nothing to download, you just type in the sort of stuff you want it to download and it searches and downloads all day - you can then come back in the evening and go through what you want to keep and what you want to get rid of - its called newsbin..... - anything like this in available from UK providers

Is everyone on a 12 month contract,or does this vary by provider and are they all easy to get started.....

Thanks in advance
Old 23 August 2002, 01:03 AM
Ian Griffiths
Scooby Regular

As it happens I've got a campaign on at the moment and there might be some useful information at the site - http://larklanebroadband.com/ - certainly links to a number of main ISPs who are actively participating in BTs pre-registration scheme.
Old 23 August 2002, 02:50 PM
steve McCulloch
Scooby Regular

Thanks